At the start of the project, the customer came to us with an idea of how to create and set up the new internal ordering system. As we listened to them and heard their objectives and requirements we thought that there could be an even better way to build the system. So, we suggested we would come back with a few different options on how we could achieve their goal. This resulted in us presenting three carefully curated options where one of the options, of course, was the original idea. In the end, the choice was made to create a solution that was completely owned by the customer and we settled on an open-source solution built on top of Strapi, Next.js, and Docker.
The first step in the project was to create a design for the ordering system, which we did in Figma, and get accepted on it. Once we had that we could do the most fun part which is to build the actual product. So, we got going and started modeling the database, the different CMS items, users, and so on. With all of this in place, the next step was to start coding the frontend using Next.js. We build out all of the screens and basic functionality and got it all connected to the backend before we presented it to the customer for the first time. The customer thought it look good.
Once the core build was done we started making the system pretty and fixed the different bugs that had crawled into the code and also implemented the account functionalities such as the sign-in flow. And by then we had arrived at the test face where users and admins are allowed into the system for real.
The final fixes were made based on the feedback received during the test and then the customer's new internal ordering system was launched.
Main tech we used
- Frontend (Next.js)